Saturday, May 30, 2009

Alone in a Crowd

Alone in a Crowd on Flickr © vnduan

I am truly a pushover. I know it, you know it, and that's why I end up with all the baggage. It's not too killer most days, mostly it involves dance. Case in point, Prof's stepping down ceremony which we performed for (copied wholesale off SYTYCD) and not too shabby a job for a few days' practice, I must say.

Mingling with crowds is a real chore for me. I can't summon up a single topic of conversation when I'm in a formal setting, much less a formal setting with people who have Dr. in front of their names. For the life of me, I can't think to save myself from the awkward silence so thick it could hamper your breathing. Which is why, I simply count my blessings that I have a support group who can do it for me.

It's quite interesting to observe how elite a profession can be. How once you join a group, they become your lifelong crowd.How tiresome it is to my brain, having to remember all the must-know names and faces, in order to respect/not offend anyone. But on the flip side, there's always people you can look for when you're friendless.

Special sem is 3/5 way through. Then I can't wait for orientation! In a half dreading, half excited way. Our first line lunch session was huge blast too, as bitching sessions always are. Things like these make me look forward to waking up and going to school. Indeedy.

No comments: