Saturday, February 19, 2011

This whole psycho-ing myself into becoming an adult may actually work.

Lately I've been realizing that I'm still pretty childish. I'm in my early 20s but I still behave like the world owes me free time, that I'm entitled to a problem-free life. So I complain about having to do work, to study, to go for BSF, to go for dance, to settle dance admin responsibilities, to handle crises, patients, exhaustion, hunger, headaches...

Being an adult, however, would mean that all these things are part and parcel of life. I look at my parents, rushing to work and back for lunch just to feed us (when we were kids and the maid had left), rushing home to cook dinner and send us to classes. I've started to feel ashamed for constantly behaving like I'm doing everybody a huge favour.

So I've decided it's good practice for the future, juggling so many things. And I'm never going to complain again about the things I have to do. Shall instead strive to perform all my duties as best as I can.

How motivational.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's one fantastic thing about being an adult. That is, you'll have the $$ to buy or do the things that you like without having to ask from someone else. And you feel very useful and powerful, when people asking you for money, right from the retail shops, bankers/financial advisors, the car dealers, the travel agents, spas "beseeching" you to sign a package, "california" style gyms asking you to sign up life-time memberships, and of course, charities.

Unless, you end up being a home executive...., then you'll have to ask money from your partner. Or the stup*d taxman always asking us for more money with each growing year...

So being an adult is quite fun actually, maybe more after you graduate.

Anonymous said...

I want to go back being a child so that I can continue to ask for money!