Saturday, February 5, 2011

Time For Rabbits To Shine

Was just musing over 2010 and I realized that moving out of hall (amongst other things) has actually gotten me a lot more friends. Which I am actually incredibly grateful for. I wasn't even aware of how much isolation and silence I was living in everyday, just going back to my little prison cell right after school, getting my dinner and plonking myself in front of the laptop. I was so prone to emotional breakdowns and desperate of any kind of entertainment. Life really sucked.

Another thing I'm glad I've stuck with is dance. I've wanted to quit so many times because I just didn't have the motivation to put in the time that's needed to improve technically and to build strong friendships. But it turns out that over time, even with minimal effort, you can still accumulate the same amount of ties and feelings of ownership, at least an amount that's sufficient to make you want to stay. I feel quite settled into my level of abilities, comfortable with my bonds with the other members. It's now another part of my identity that makes me feel complete as an individual.

Most of all, it would be terrible to never dance again. So I'm glad for the freedom to dance, even if just for little spurts here and there.

-----

Pre-steamboat during reunion dinner.

I've had a good CNY this year. Partly because I didn't have to travel, but mostly because everyone's here reunited again as a family. And the 4 of us are coincidentally in pink this year. :)


Running out of spaces for photo posing.

No comments: