Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Typical Long Weekend

Wait, let me correct that. Having a long weekend is NOT typical. But as the stars have aligned and resulted in the fortuitous coincidence of public holidays on weekends, we've had 2 this term.

I have observed that since my long year (and then some) of depression has somewhat ended (touch wood), I am done with rebound relationships and friendships. There is no longer this desperate urge in me to be out with somebody so I don't have to be home alone.

As such, my typical long weekend is divided into 3 parts. It might surprise you that these 3 parts are divided into the 3 days.

Day 1: Continuous streaming of movies on Funshion to occupy my every waking hour. This can range from anywhere between 8-12 hours of movies. And as a night cap - The Vampire Diaries.

Day 2: The obligatory routines of church or errands, family time so to speak. Dinner with my aunt and uncle, a walk in the park which does nothing to firm up my body that is fighting a losing battle against sagging and cellulite.

Day 3: The final scramble. The epic battle between the holiday mood I've induced upon myself from Day 1 activities and the endless work I have as a result of the procrastination. BSF, 20 odd sets of readings, things I vow to get smarter on to become the best dentist I can be but which usually lose out to Insta-fun. The pressure gets worse and worse as the unproductive hours tick away and finally it is time to sleep and worry about it another day because it is now too late to do anything and I will be very grouchy if I go to school on less than 6 hours of R.E.M.

-----
Confessing every thought and emotion that bothers me seems to validate my right to think and feel them.

No comments: