Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grin and Bear It

It is a good and timely reminder that in my profession, there are no off duty moments, at least when you're interacting with people. It's scary but understandable that your every word and action is being scrutinized, especially in terms of being caring and friendly. It's way too easy for me to become curt and impatient, usually when I quickly want to get things done and over with. Though I remind myself to be more personable, sometimes I'm just too preoccupied with myself and I forget that the other person is a human with thoughts and feelings too. I've caught myself being cold and impersonal so often, but by then the first impression is usually made. Fortunately, it is never too late to reverse a first impression. Indeed I am thankful for the little kicks on my ass.

No comments: