Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gals and Pals

Last week of school starting and all I can think of is 'Boy, I really hope there's a beach party with awesome music to dance to when I go to Phuket.'

Miss my gal pals. I used to think I operate better with guys, the exception being D'Gang of girls back home. I think that I just click better with whoever's more easy going. Where I don't have to be too prim and proper, dainty and polite. I like being loud and rowdy, not girly and cutesy.

-----
Not sure where I honed the bad habit of comparing my life with others, but even today I am plagued by it. I'm a classic victim of the grass is greener on the other side, and it's hard for me to truly feel happy for another person, unless I tell myself that things aren't always as good as they seem (for the other person). So I learn to surrender, and I cling on to 1 Cor 13: 4-8 so I can try to desire the best for others.

But every now and then some things hit close to home. Things I wanted but I've told myself I don't need. Things I've experienced that I want to forget. Memories that hit with full potency. You can't un-know what you already know.

So you gotta do what you gotta do. You tell yourself, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

No comments: