Saturday, September 6, 2008

When I Grow Up


I like rituals, especially silly rituals. I think it's nice having something to look forward to, even though it's something you made up on your own. Something that is senseless but brings about so much fun.

Yesterday was our first (and hopefully the beginning of an annual) sleepover at Chriselle's house. I love how it's so near NUS - it's been so exciting popping by each other's places for random reasons. We were ambitious about watching Disney movies all night, but ended up only successfully finishing Sleeping Beauty. Mulan and A Simple Wish, I kinda slept through. Who knew Disney oldies could be so sweet and funny and everything you could ask for in a movie? Prince Philip is such a hottie, hahah.

We coordinated our jammies and in the spirit of things, I suggested we wear them to McDonald's for breakfast the next day. I almost chickened out, but in the end, there we were, riding the bus and walking into the fastfood place full of people. The tables beside us were staring and smiling in amusement. I bet we made their day and gave them something to tell people.

After eating, we went to the playground and went crazy as usual. By the way, something has to be done about those playgrounds of doom. There has got to be a safer way to achieve 'balance and coordination for 5-12 year olds'.

If only we never had to grow up. Like Peter Pan in Neverland.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Be careful what you wish for

'Cause you just might get it
You just might get it
You just might get it

lolol. WHY AM I LISTENING TO THIS!!!