Saturday, September 13, 2008

Today was a series of unfortunate events.

As much as I belittle my sense of direction, at least I know how to make a detour when one is needed. I suppose it could've just been bad karma on his part, but boy, was I annoyed.

First, we ended up walking the opposite direction of the MRT, into foreign worker construction zone. When we finally did a turn about, we had to walk across the longest river/drain canal on earth, which doubled as a jogging path. Even after that, we were no where near Jurong East station anymore, which was ultimately confirmed by a swift climb up the hill.

No worries, we decided to just cab. But a mental lapse brought us to Bukit Batok instead of Bukit Gombak, a mistake I didn't rectify when he told the cabbie.

Next time, I must just SPEAK UP.

No comments: