Sunday, November 16, 2008

All In One Moment

After the grouchiest night ever, and the grouchiest day ever, suddenly the clouds have cleared.

I couldn't sleep because of my nose and what felt like swallowing a large uneven rock on the right of my throat. Then the day never seemed to end, to the point I felt like quitting church and just killing everybody who crossed my path. I was half convinced it was tonsillitis already, and imagining how I would survive a tonsilectomy.

Somewhere along Yishun, after seat hogging and dozing off the whole MRT ride, contemplating how depressing life was, an old lady and man came aboard. I gave up my seat to the lady.

I swallowed. The pain was actually sort of tolerable! I swallowed a few more times to double check. I got off at YCK, scurried down the long covered walkway, and could it be? 265 was arriving at the same time! I reached home, crossed the road with this small girl (who so reminded me of me). Smiled at the angmoh with the gorgeous dark brown Golden Retriever. And the girl opened the backdoor for me!

It's like the rainbow at the end of a thunderstorm.

No comments: