Saturday, June 12, 2010

On Flickr by cocoaloco

I want very much to continue to care deeply, for old time's sake, for continuing to believe that you cannot just cut a person from your life if they mattered to you once. But I am not capable of staying within emotional boundaries. And anyway it still cuts, albeit a lot less frequently. And anyway you can't care for someone who doesn't care for you. It's like putting your finger near a flame again and again and getting burnt each time.

I clearly have a serious problem with rifts, when I think I'm in poor standing with a person. I cannot rest until a reconciliation is reached.

-----
Yay, I'm homebound!

Oh, give me a home where the buffaloes roam, and the deer and the antelope play!

2 comments:

joughte said...

Guess neither of us has quite managed to get off that boat then. It's a rather sad affair.

aFLY said...

Ugh, you too?

It HAS gotten a lot better. But I'm starting to think a small space in my heart will always live in the past.