Saturday, June 26, 2010

TERMITE INVASION

I'd been meaning to play and sing to some old piano scores for the entire hols, but finally got to opening the cabinet just today. And to our complete and utter horror, brown wood shavings and poopy looking things were all over the books and bags. With fear, disgust and frustration we had to remove all the chewed up things and Dad had to kill the creepy crawlies. Aggie lifted up my trophy from old glory days of Mental Arithmetic supremacy and unearthed this whole colony of creepy crawlies chewing into its wood base. The trophy base was connected to the cabinet roof and all the way through the other side, across the TV and probably into our house walls.

SICK SH*T.

Once a champ, now a chump. 2nd place!

Where the trophy sat on the table, where the Terminators chewed through the cabinet.

Havoc.

Don't Cry For Me Argentina was my chosen song to suit the mood.

Farewell. No more TV for WC.

So I've spent the afternoon gloomily cutting up my 100 Greatest Pop Hits because the spine's been chewed up and there's black/brown gunk everywhere. And our cabinet's gone. And to commiserate the event, I played and sang sad songs on the piano. Because today was a gloomy day. It began with me trying to sleep away the whole afternoon. And now I'm going into reverse chronological writing.

Full stop.

No comments: