Friday, December 12, 2008

4-day camps are so much more draining than 3-day camps.
Here's my breakdown of events:

3-Day Camp
Day 1
You feel like crap and wonder why you joined camp in the first place.

Day 2
You feel crappier but elated that tonight is the last night and tomorrow you will be free!

Day 3
It was all worth it after all. And you're a little sad (OK, that was a lie). But definitely satisfied with what you've achieved.

4-Day Camp
Day 1
You feel like crap and wonder why you joined camp in the first place.

Day 2
You feel crappier and contemplate just bailing out of the whole thing. There's like 2 freaking more days to survive! How on earth will you do it?

Day 3
Oh wow, time really flew. You can't believe you'll be going home tomorrow!

Day 4
Finally. But what an accomplishment. And no, you're not sad.


Although I blanked out lots, intentionally put out of memory a lot of steps, and complained like the whiniest person on earth, I feel good about myself. I remembered the kinds of genre I love, reignited the passion to perform, and discovered I can be better than I thought. I've sort of recaptured that little fire to be the best I can be and the willingness to work hard to put up a good show. It's been awhile since I've felt like part of a dance troupe again.

Yayness.

But thank goodness it's over.

No comments: