Monday, December 1, 2008

Mumble Jumble

Breaking Free on Flickr © Pink Sherbet Photography

When I was younger, I prided myself on the ability to think. To think about things (to me) meant that you were smarter, that you were more aware of your surroundings, more mature than your counterparts. I thought that if you thought, one day great things would happen to you. That it would prepare you for life because you'd already thought about things beforehand, observed your world and were sure what you would and wouldn't do some day. That life would be smoother, trouble-free.

If only things were always as easy as in your mind.

Today, thinking has become synonymous with inactivity. Thinking and not doing eventually becomes a regret in retrospect.

Incidentally I've regressed to not thinking too much about other things. When you spend too much time mulling over an issue, you get trapped and can't remember which way is in or out. I never knew such a thing existed until a few years back, when my thinking habit finally turned around and bit me on my bum.

It's hard, sometimes a daily struggle, but there are worse things to endure in life.

No comments: