Wednesday, December 17, 2008

D' Gang

It's getting a bit expensive on my wallet to meet up with my friends so often. Especially when meek people like me don't complain although waiters bring the wrong (and more costly) orders. But if you think about how there's only about 3 weeks left to school, then it's quite normal to feel the urgency to do as many and as diverse things as possible while there's time.

I always take for granted how lucky I am to have a gang, a support group that I never have to figure how to behave around. A group of friends that have been with me longer than any other people (excluding family) have, that we've reached a mutual understanding on how to treat one another, and people I have the most fun with.

I've seen other people who go from one stage of life to another, changing groups of friends. I wonder how difficult it must be, to keep starting anew instead of picking up where you left off with the same people. And I realize just how secure my life is, to the point that my friends and I have become too lazy to socialize beyond our circle. As Stef put it, the gang is my priority and no matter what happens to other friends, I don't care because I know I have us.

How sappy. But I've no idea what I'd do without us.


Barely half the gang (sorry, gang, but who asked you to go away?)

2 comments:

Jared said...

haha i should be complaining about money.

i can't even afford to eat out properly here! at least, not like i do in singapore.

gosh in singapore i'd be trying a different cuisine/restaurant at least every month, if not every fortnight.

here, i'm stuck with low-end cafes, and for any remotely posh food, i'd have to try to cook it myself!

aFLY said...

oh yes. that was the birth of your food blog, right. please, even in singapore i'm eating hawker food everyday, oil oil oil.

my friend goloka (which you haven't met in imperial) cooked some yummy vegetarian food, man.

YOUR FAMILY IS COMING TO VISIT YOU SOON!