Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am going to be living proof that people can change. Maybe not in all areas of my life, but in pretty drastic aspects of my personality, all the same.

The first decade of my life was dedicated to perfectionism. I was so organized it hurt, because I couldn't sleep for running through my mental checklist again and again. And again. And again. OCD.

The second decade of my life was dedicated to erasing that perfectionism. Thus began my inglorious slide into going with the flow, taking a chill pill, relack-jacking and complete loss of order and control of my life. Free from anxiety, free from getting testy and snapping at people (e.g. for not being able to finish studying), I just accepted everything and let no success or failure affect me.

This is the 3rd decade and I want to swing the pendulum back. Not all the way to the start, but somewhere in the middle. Operation 'Get My Life Into Order' is taking off, slowly but surely. Just got to find the right motivations for doing it.

1 comment:

Jared said...

i feel the same way!

though for me the chill pill is still the be all and end all.