Thursday, July 1, 2010

End of Break

Keep forgetting that I've got to be vigilant with my safety over here. It's far too easy to be trusting, and I keep leaving gates unlocked, doors unlatched. It's only when I recall the countless robberies and thefts that I realize how easily someone could run across the backyard and break into our house. While I'm comatose on the couch during my afternoon nap. Although I'll probably make a good security guard, since I'm up the whole night nowadays.

Can't believe the bane of my existence will be back to torture me next week. That today is Thursday, that in 2 days I'll be voluntarily stepping on to the plane to go back there. But big slap on the cheek for being a pessimist. Okay, rant over.

I've had the best time this holiday with D' Gang. I'm really really going to miss the closeness we've achieved over the past few months. It makes you really ponder how much time it takes to become good friends with a person. I look back over the past 8-15 years of my life, from the time I met my first best friend to the time we've accumulated the 8 of us. And I see how much time, tolerance, and patience has been invested and how many events have occurred to get us to where we are. It's only by sticking it out, by not expecting too much, by just being there, that little surprises have emerged along the way. Where unexpected incidents take place years down the road to bring you closer together. Wouldn't that bond have been wasted if we'd decided from the get go that we were never meant to be best friends anyway?

Which is why sometimes I still cannot believe it was thrown away like that. Like a part of me insists it could've been magic.

No comments: