Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's funny what some some accidental actions trigger.

Brought my Oral Patho book to the doctor's (after a long walk and confusingly asking for directions) to check out my eye. Went in, said hi and put my book down to get the eye checked. First thing he said to me was, 'Microabrasion'. That set off my alarms.

Then after my eyes got gouged out by the cotton buds (had to be done, no discredit to him) he told me he'd swept my FORNYXES and found nothing. As I asked him more on what to look out for and what's the worst that could happen, words like 'inflamed' and 'conjunctivitis' started popping out without any explanation. Clearly he expected me to understand every word of his anatomical and pathological lingo. Which I did, fortunately.

What if I were just holding someone else's Oral Patho book?

No comments: