Saturday, July 10, 2010

Puddle Hopping



















Puddle Hopping Originally uploaded by Swathi Sridharan

1 week down, 8 weeks to go! Bittersweet feelings at how time is rolling along as I watch as though from a distance.

A large part of being content with life is viewing things from the bigger perspective. This entails being thankful for what you have and not what you don't, determining which things are worth fighting for and which are not worth holding on to (or thinking about), letting go of pride but keeping your dignity, being kind even when being mean is the easiest route, and most of all always doing the right thing, listening to your conscience even when nobody is looking.

The irony is that to have your inner self filled up, you can't be self fulfilling or selfish. Instead, when you're selfless and quit thinking about meeting your own needs, that's when you let go of all that stress, anxiety and feelings of being hurt, wronged or victimized by circumstances in life. The less you think about yourself, the less there is to be unhappy about.

I think I'm doing a decent job at staying positive lately. And all strength comes from a greater source, never me.

-----
Got me a Tumblr. If I had the time to draw, I'd draw an Octopus multitasking every gadget and medium I own that connects me to people or the Internet. Because I'm so inspired by Paul Prognosticator the Octopus. And those connectors would be Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Nokia E72 and Lancelot my laptop. Forgot I gave him a name. He's looking quite worn out lately.

Facebook for photos and stalking.
Blogger for the freedom of speech and long emotional stories.
Twitter for spontaneity.
Tumblr for visual imagery of my thoughts.
E72 & Lancelot for company when there's nobody but me around.

I am pretty exhausted with being busy lately, from playing hard during hols to working hard during school. And from trying really hard socially as well, in efforts to have options, take control and not be passive anymore in life. I guess I really did learn a lot from that year, regardless of how I didn't want things to end. As a result, I am waiting for the day I fall sick. Falling sick is my measure of the breaking point. Then I drop everything because my body can't take it anymore.

Time to rest.

No comments: