Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bookworm

Being part of a community is so nice. How did those crazy people like Descartes manage to go hide in a corner and think about thinking about thinking? So what if you think and therefore you are. Back then, without the Internet and mobile phone, there was not much you could do once you reached that premise.

All the same, I feel like going to Borders or Kino and looking up some high brow but easy to consume Philo stuff. I know I'm the sort of person with very poor sponge power, I hardly retain anything I read (unless it comes to random Reader's Digest facts like 'putting Aspirin on a zit makes the swelling go down') but I like the feeling of just finishing a book and feeling ten times smarter as a consequence.

And right now the only unread novel in my shelf is Wally Lamb's I Know This Much Is True. I think it's at least 5 years old. I've decided it's probably not my type although the plastic wrapper's still on. 1) Because I hated She's Come Undone. 2) It's an Oprah Book Club recommendation. Ee.

So I look forward to a book shop trip.

And I look forward to figuring out how to wear my new purchases. One being too transparent, the other being un-sit-down-able.

Week 6 coming to a close! :) Life is a highway and I'm gonna ride it, all night long. (Yes, that is a Rascal Flatts lyric, and I could go on singing if it weren't time for bed.)

No comments: