Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jaydon Is Now 7

Today was Jaydon's birthday celebration. Today was also the day I wore all black to church. This all black thing is starting to grow on me. Colour's becoming overrated.

I really like how Sa-ee always puts so much effort into the little details. Nothing on the scale of Party Planner but she's got cute musical note patterned napkins, coloured plastic eating utensils, multicoloured Tupperware containers (the perks of being Tupperware's sales ambassador), streamers, doorgifts and other thoughtful things. I am one who, although want things to be neat and tidy, get so overwhelmed at where to start that I just let things get messier and messier. It's the Defeated Before You Try syndrome. Sa-ee on the other hand always finds the cutest trinkets to keep things in and can do a table/bathroom/bedroom revamp while I'm away. It's the kind of thing that makes you so happy to come home to. The ultimate housewife. Who I will never be. T.T

Bad habit of always making things about me.

So it was a food, or good, day. Curry chicken and bread, beehoon and mixed veg, spaghetti bolognaise, awesome baked chicken and potatoes, tarts, icecream cake. Only the best of the best. The only downside was having to turn a deaf ear to screaming kids for, oh about 5 hours? Halfway I managed to take a nap too, in a thankfully soundproof bedroom.

I think my passivity is very much cultivated/inherited from some members of my family. I can count several reclusive antisocial people (RP, JP, LilC, to anonymously name a few). And I'm also one of them. People like me have such low energy that we rather just sit back and watch the proceedings without taking part in any of it. People like me imagine about exciting things to do in life rather than actually go do it. For people like me, the anticipation and the fantasy is always so much better than real life, to a point that real life can seem so dissatisfying. Then I start to wonder what's wrong with me, why is my life so boring and meaningless, isn't there something more? Something better than this?

Just a thought.

I did have a good time though. The sweetest part of the day (that made all the obnoxious behaviour a thing of the past) was when Jaydon was about to cut his cake. He'd just blown his candles and he suddenly exclaimed, 'Wait I've to make my wish! Oh, actually I've already made my wish. And my wish already came true. I wished that all of you would be able to celebrate my birthday with me!' And before he was going to start the cake cutting and birthday song singing, he kept looking for Mama, waiting for her to take part in the ceremony. Except that Mama was having a massage (haha).

Sniff.

No comments: