Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Laundry is Fun

Laundromat Fetish on Flickr © Orange Couch

If you think about it, and I did think about it, doing laundry can be super duper fun.

First, I exchange my dollar notes for 20¢ coins. This is the closest I can get to winning money from a slot machine. Sometimes the machine spits my notes out with a vengeance. That can be exciting too, because you never know when it'll happen.

Then I carry my basket of clothes to the laundry room. It's quite an adventure selecting a washing machine that's free of weird looking unidentifiable small substances. Putting in the coins into the slot totally reminds me of being in an arcade.

The whole machine thing just feels like magic. One moment your clothes smell, the next they exude fragrance (I realize fragrance doesn't have a verb, sadly).

And once everything is toasty and baked from the dryer, you just bring everything back up to your room. It's like the clothes never spent any time away.

It used to be more fun when Jamie and I made laundry excursions together. The laundry room has nice acoustics for singing duets. I guess time's too precious for such dilly-dallying now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fragrance emanates, floats (for alliteration), wafts.
lol. i don't like to do laundry though. :/