Monday, March 8, 2010

COOL SUMMER underwater on Flickr by javiy

I try to swim often. Once, during J2 or something, I swam every night for a couple of months. But each time I attempt to swim, I suffer a 'freak-out' moment. Suddenly the pool is really dark and empty. And with my no power goggles, everything's doubly blur.

Sometimes I imagine there's some killer whale, shark or anaconda that slipped into the pool while I didn't realize it. FYI, I hate the deep fathomless ocean. I'd rather crash onto a mountain while skydiving than fall into the middle of the sea. Just think of what creepy tentacles lie beneath you as you tread water.

Tonight, I had more eerie ghostly imaginings. Made worse by gradually beginning to accept that even my beliefs entail a spiritual world living amongst us. EEEEE. Help. It's not just the movies!

I usually keep telling myself to stop being a wuss. But it takes all my courage not to swim harder and faster. Then I try to think of verses, but suddenly I can't remember any. So I just sing worship songs.

I know, why go through all this trouble, right? It's the only way to get a balanced work out, minus the tan. And usually my mind's too preoccupied to feel all these things. Tonight my mind just seemed exceptionally... alert.

No comments: