Tuesday, January 11, 2011

DDR Revived

A new year brings lots of new faces. Interesting how the world around us changes non stop. In Dentistry it's like time froze and nobody's moving. Life is weirdly static when everybody's running like an automaton.

So besides the usual drama in school, like major crises being averted and patients not turning up, I found time to ponder why I don't like playing games. I think I don't like the stress of trying to win (when the game's about upping your level, especially when it can't be saved to continue). Nor do I like the feeling of being addicted to something, like how I used to go to bed thinking of what to do with my Sim characters and wake up thinking of how quickly I could get to a computer to do it. The simplest reason would be that I hate learning how to get good at something new. I never try something new unless I have some aptitude to perform a task. Working on that.

So, with the multiple choices of PS3 games at home, I chose... Dance Dance Revolution! To quote someone, I attempted a game that plays to my strengths. Typical. But just like being good in piano doesn't make you good at O2Jam, being somewhat experienced in dance does not make you good at stepping on arrows on a dance mat.

Good thing Papa didn't turn on his spy cam and post the video of me jumping clumsily in extreme concentration.

No comments: