Sunday, January 9, 2011

Old Bird

I'm 23.

I want my life to reflect my age, the stage of maturity I should be in.

I want to direct my energy outwards, to stop being about me, to stop devoting all my time to pleasing myself and my own needs and my own perceived happiness. I want my life to have an external purpose, to mean something instead of focusing on things that have made me unhappy.

I don't want my past to dictate my future. I don't want my circumstances or fears to compromise my fulfilling my potential.

To be grown up means acting like one, even when you don't feel like it. And I'm going to do it, even if I've to take 20 seconds off to pause and say it out loud to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you can actually still enjoy your life very much while being your age. Don't sound so paranoid.