Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jaydon is constantly getting obsessed with one thing after another. His latest obsession is Airport Mania, some iPhone game that I have no interest in learning more about. Before this, it was Angry Birds, and before that it was MRT stations. That's only what I can remember off hand.

For my birthday this year, Jaydon asked me if I would be choosing a helper to blow my candles on the cake. I told him yes, and that it would be a competition. My helper would be the person who could last until cake-cutting without mentioning anything to do with Airport Mania or any other iPhone game.

It was extremely entertaining watching everyone try to trick him into slipping up. He covered his eyes and ears because it was just too much for him. He got very agitated and annoyed at everyone's efforts to disturb him. Finally, he just stopped talking altogether, just in case any random question was a trick.

Of course, I chose him as the winner, for being the best at resisting temptation and for trying the hardest. Those were my encouraging words before he blew off the candles on my cake as I was just pursing my lips.

No comments: