Saturday, January 8, 2011

My biggest downfall is my pride. Sometimes, I'd rather continue suffering in misery to prove my point than to concede that I may have overreacted. This causes quite a bit of emotional and mental conflict in life.

I hate it when I have double standards. For example, I feel really uncomfortable bitching about somebody doing something, when I know I do it too. Right now, I feel terribly disgusted at myself for having made a big deal about something happening to me that I actually find alright to do. Something that I can see how easy it is to do myself.

You can see how this is a huge internal struggle. Because it means I have to forgive. It means I have no right to hold on to my self-righteous anger and bitterness. The other option is to remain 'right' and stubbornly abstain from doing the same thing I experienced.

Or is it likely that I'm justified either way, and I should just leave it at that. Let the past be the past. Blah blah blah.

No comments: