Monday, January 25, 2010

Heartless

If there's one thing blogging has taught me, it's that I'm an expert on one subject: myself. As self absorbed as it sounds, I spent more time thinking about what I'm thinking and why I'm thinking it than anything else that goes by in the day. If you catch me staring at you or your food, I'm probably temporarily blind to the world around me. It's a bad habit, I concede that much.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm completely apathetic. To the world, to society, to tragedy, to anything beyond the next 6 months of my life plan. I can't remember the last time I read a newspaper, or watched world news on TV. It occurs to me once in awhile that the shock I'll get when something bad pops my bubble may not be something I can survive.

Mom thinks I should engage in some charity. And God willing, I will commit to something. I'm quite tired of being spoilt and forever lamenting my sad sad life. It's just completely uncalled for when I've been blessed in so many ways I cannot even count.

I won't be some bleeding heart, hopping to every country that hits the news, but I want my life to count for more than this. At the very least, it's the best way to get out of my head and do something useful for once.

No comments: