Friday, February 5, 2010

Bad Days Come In Pairs

After a smashing crab dinner, I took 857 intending to get to St Michael's Place for cell, because if 857 took me home, the opposite 857 should take me there, right? This is the 2nd time I've made this mistake after my stop at Holland V took me to Clementi instead of home. I will never understand this looping business.

Spent an hour on the bus, attempting to read notes. And decided to stop for a leak at Boon Keng MRT. Then I realized from the bus directory that just a few more stops and I'd have reached where I started. This looping business!

And then it dawned on me that there is absolutely nothing waiting for me at home. That I could just sit for hours and hours looping around Singapore and nothing drastic would happen. Why all the angst, impatience and irritation of rushing home? It felt pretty sad, really, to have nobody to report to, or anyone to care for you, or something to rush home to. Other than TV.

So I decided to heck it and take the purple line, then the Circle line, then the red line, and then walk the 15 minutes home.

I have no idea why.

-----
During the mid year break, I am going to chop off all my hair. To some pixie cut. I don't care how ugly I look, I shall do it at least once in my life. There - it's in black and white.

No comments: