Sunday, March 20, 2011

Emotional breakdown: When one by one, all your coping mechanisms fail.

And then only God is left.

-----
First, it was my cell leader asking if I was okay, to which I dismissed as my shitty appearance from lack of sleep. The one that truly affected me was my cellmate who was deep in prayer and just as I said goodbye and left, she grabbed me and told me she felt something, that I wasn't okay.

And I felt really amazed, overwhelmed and touched all at once. There was no way she could have known because I did absolutely nothing different. She gave me the longest hug and I told her I'd tell her about it someday. And it was the best hug I've had in almost 2 years.

It's inspiring and comforting to know that someone can be so in tune with God like that, that God can prompt you with feelings and visions to help you minister to others. I want to have that kind of relationship with Him too. And I want to bring comfort and hope to people the way she does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow i super like this post. its so comforting! and ive seen ppl like that too. cheers to that!

lotsa love,
Bix