Thursday, March 10, 2011

Whattaday

Woke up at 9am to the sound of drilling, which soon became pounding and knocking and vibrating.

Since today's the last day before finals begin, I was pretty miffed. Also very reluctant to tire myself out by going to school, AMK library or Thomson Plaza.

So I hunted around for somewhere comfy on the property and decided on the wooden/metal frame bench beside the pool and BBQ pit, next to a Gardenia dispensing machine. Tried to stay cool and keep my body temperature down so I wouldn't feel the Singapore heat. Tried to fully enjoy every cool breeze that blew my way. Tried to mold my bony body on the hard seat.

So I ended up walking in and out a lot. Came back when the construction took a break, but woe is me for these people only take 20 minute breaks. Once Pretty Little Liars ended, it was back to havoc. This time I got an umbrella and went back out to brave the elements.

All this while I'm plugged in non-stop: Lancelot, Nokia, iPod Nano.

Finally I realize a pretty good compromise for comfort, minimal sound (my standards are desperately low) and sufficient distraction is my bed and the Phantom of the Opera play list in my ears. Somehow the annoying talking and singing blocks out the noise pollution but doesn't really attract me to listen to it.

No comments: