Friday, March 4, 2011

Red Dress Syndrome

Viaggiare by Mirko Macari
Viaggiare a photo by Mirko Macari on Flickr.
People are creatures of habit. They're drawn time and time again to the same kind of food, same kind of guy and same kind of clothing. Sure, people also like variety but there's always a discernible pattern in their likes and dislikes, like they can't help themselves but to be attracted to the same look, shape or taste based on their first memories.

So let's just focus on fashion for a moment. This obsession with one particular style is so telling that I can usually picture what my friends are going to run towards when we go out shopping together. Personally, I find myself constantly drawn to red dresses. It's horrible to buy a new dress and realize it looks almost exactly like another dress I already own. It's probably just a phase, because there are heaps of clothes from a year where I thought something was the bomb but now can't imagine ever wearing again. One example is this collection of floral short casual dresses I own but sorely wish I could discard.

Wonder how I can break out of this cycle.

1 comment:

Mirko Macari said...

Thanks for choosing my shot for your post :) Mirko.