Saturday, March 5, 2011

Never Drive Without A Cash Card

So today I drove to school and into UCC without a cash card for parking. I found out when I tried to drive out, because to my horror, the card reader was empty. This, by the way is thanks to my aunt who polished the car this morning and did not make sure it was travel-ready for me to use.

So I decided to park my car aside, get out and ask the Intercom Man for advice.

I press the button.
(Intercom music)
Intercom Man (IM): (voice crackling) Hello! Hello!
Me: Er, hello, I don't have a cash card.
IM: But you need a cash card to go out!
Me: Oh, but I don't have one. What do I do?
IM: You need one to go out!
Me: Er, so how?
IM: You need to borrow from someone. Borrow from one of the cars!
Me: Huh, just borrow from someone?
IM: Yes!
(A car drives up beside me as I'm standing at the barrier machine.)
IM: This one, this one! Ask this car!
Me: Huh?? This car? Serious?

Fortunately, it was my friend. Even then, she initially didn't get my signals to stop and kept smiling and waving instead. This was followed by another long story of me driving around to find a cash card. But I think that's enough inconvenience for one day. Don't think I even thanked the guy for his help. But with his all seeing 'eye', guess he would've felt satisfied over a crisis averted.

No comments: