Friday, December 3, 2010

Emotional Genes

You really are a product of your upbringing. Sometimes you dismiss a person's excuses as just blaming her family, not taking responsibility for her own actions. But you can't help but wonder how much of you resembles your father or mother, unconsciously.

Try as I might, I cannot help resembling my mother. It's not even a self fulfilling prophecy, a result of deciding beforehand the type of person I am and stepping into the role. Sometimes, I simply cannot control my emotional reactions of being jealous, upset, or wanting to be the most important person in someone else's life, craving attention.

I try to deny it but I am just as sensitive as my mother. The exact trait of hers that exasperates me is the same trait that I inherited.

Then again, my mother would be the person to tell me that this characteristic of mine is also my quality.

-----
Just had sharing session with the family. New Family Time. And Jaydon prays that God will make him strong enough to carry a 7 pound bowling ball, as well as teach him how to throw a ball properly.

God and Jesus are the people he loves the most-est, his Mom, Mama and Athalie most-er, and I am 3rd. Hmph! Not that I've the right to complain, when I'm always shooing him away. Guess I should be glad I'm even on his list.

2 comments:

Tina Crespo said...

this whole entry really speaks to me. I can definitely relate.

By the way, thank you for using my photograph in your previous post :)

best - tina

aFLY said...

Nice to meet you :)

Thanks for taking great pictures! I can't seem to take an artsy shot so I'm really glad for all these photos that help me illustrate what I want to say.