Wednesday, July 23, 2008

127m Above Street Level

Thanks to Johanna's visit, our gang has probably done more sight-seeing in Malaysia than the rest of my 19 years combined. And yesterday, we got up early to reach KLCC at 7 am so we could get free tickets for the Skybridge.

Pui Yee & JT, the latecomers. Don't feel bad, Pui, how could we have let you stand at the end of the line?
(I was trying to snap a picture of Batman there, wearing the same T-shirt that Margaret almost wore.)


Although, you have to admit, they did cut in front of a LONG line of people.

Someone cut off Margaret, oops. And I put this up cos' Ah Pui looks so pretty. =)

We discovered the Ju-On effect in the Exhibition Area.


Funky 3D glasses. I had no idea what happened in the show and I think Robin decided to sleep.

Margaret found herself a little French girl.
Alice (?) wouldn't let go of Margaret, and her parents were so cute.
Although we were surprised they just let her go with a stranger like that.


Lovey-dovey couples.

Close-up of Tower 1 or Tower 2. They ARE twins, after all, so who can tell?



JT, measuring his height with this machine that compares it with the height of famous buildings.
They made him 188 cm - what a fake. I measured myself against Jin Mao Building and they made me shorter, too!

-----
Omigosh, buffet steamboat at Yuen's that night was the hardest I'd laughed in forever. My chest was aching and I thought I'd go into cardiac arrest plus I wasn't breathing. They had a sign saying they charge RM6 for every 100g of food that's wasted. So we went wild with suggestions on how to get rid of our food without them noticing.

Things like scooping out the prawns and crabs and breaking them into parts (severing off the prawn's head) and then spreading out the separated pieces onto different plates like they were remnants of a meal. We each tried to eat a mango slice but it was so hard and dry and tasted like... cardboard (assuming cardboard is tasteless). I suggested camouflaging them by placing them strategically on the yellow tablecloth.

Other tactics like sticking food that matched our clothes colours onto our clothes. Or hiding food bits in bowls of soup. Or stuffing your mouth full of food and spitting it out in the toilet bowl. To our horror, when we went to pay the bill, there were CCTVs all over behind the counter. Watching us all along.

And we saw Batman number 2! We seriously thought it was the same guy from the Skybridge at first and I really wanted to say hi. Luckily I realized in time that it wasn't him. What a popular T-shirt.

And even funnier, we took an exit onto the Federal Highway, drove around lost but confidently and came back onto a main road where Robin started clapping because he thought we'd evaded a toll. Actually we were back on the exact same spot we started except in the opposite direction. I think I got abs from laughing so hard.

No comments: