Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sleep Disrupters

1) Construction
Drilling, hammering, sawing - all coming from the neighbour's house every morning. At first I didn't notice, although Aggie's been complaining that it's been going on for far too long for a regular renovation. But NOW. I realize I've been having far too many interrupted sleep sessions.

2) Singing
My neighbour from the row behind and one house down. To be specific, Puvan. I woke up this morning to his loud singing and wild chatter mixed with the rhythm of his splashing and pouring water from some bucket. It's driving me insane. (Not to mention him watching loud dinosaur movies and sometimes Hindi/Tamil shows in the middle of the night.)

3) Strange foreign dreams
Two nights ago, I dreamt a complete epic of a movie. I was so anxious to remember it but too lazy to get up that I went back to sleep and dreamt that I was retelling it to my sister. It had to do with braving a jungle and meeting a species of fairy-like things which unfortunately suck blood. (Yes, movies are fantasy.) The first time, they prick you on the finger, and once you've been pricked, you're able to see them as they were previously invisible. And this species, as gruesome as they sound, they were pretty cute and they protect the jungle by guarding some sacred secret.

Awaiting a fairy on Flickr © Tangent~A

My movie dream even had the climax and punchline - something about the fairy injuring himself to pretend he had taken blood, but the blood was actually his own. At the scary part of the 'movie', he was found out because the blood on his mouth didn't match the blood on the person.

(Sorry, too much detail.)

My point is, my dreams keep waking me up. I estimate that in one night's sleep, I get up at least 5 times - mostly towards the morning.

No comments: