Sunday, July 20, 2008

I've been ransacking the house, cupboard after cupboard for clothes to bring. It's going to be about 3 bags full, and I'm starting to wonder if all this is actually necessary. Because I just remembered I can go around wearing baggy Ts and shorts most of the time. Then, I remembered it may be NINE YEARS of clothes I need. So, heck it.

Today, I got my first traffic summons. So sad. Something about getting caught by the police makes you feel humiliated and angry at the same time. But I just decided to space out. Apparently I didn't stop at a red light. Honestly, I don't even remember passing any traffic lights, but I suppose I broke the law unwittingly. And I've never gotten stopped in my life, so I stopped at first and the police car stopped behind me. Then I continued to crawl forward uncertainly, thinking it couldn't be me. But I saw through my rearview mirror that the police car just zoomed forward like they thought I was running away. They drove next to me, stared, pointed and properly signalled me off the road. Sigh. I don't even know how to pay up the summons.

I am also quite addicted to (but quickly getting sick of) Big Apple's Choreo doughnuts.

No comments: