Monday, July 28, 2008

From One Soil To Another

It has been one long day of travelling and cat-napping. Time really passes quickly when you know how to sleep anytime, anywhere.

I had my McD's Fillet O' Fish all by my lonesome, turning my back anti-socially on other people so I could stare at my 2 luggage bags. To avoid paying for overweight baggage (which I didn't even have to in the end), I decided to hand carry one, and now my right palm is all chafed and raw feeling. It hurts to wash my hair. Curse you, you weak left limb!

Good thing I went to NUS today, because I am not going back for another long session like that again. And thank goodness I made it as one of the last few before the X-Ray Clinic closed for the day. Chriselle was such a dear, accompanying me the whole time while I went into room after room. Saw a couple of NJC-ians, and Pravin! He called my name, and I couldn't see anyone at first. I love coincidences like these. It makes life so... lively.

Very glad I'm staying there (although minus the perks of a comfy home) because the journey back was the final straw to my poor feet. 1 hour and 40 minutes from leaving the building to reaching the house.

I am getting all geared up! (Psyching myself to my first year of solitude.)

-----
I suddenly realize how wonderful it is to have friends you can feel secure in your relationship with. Friends who you do not hesitate to ask or say anything for fear of offence or rejection. Friends you don't have to put up a front with, or worry about being overbearing or clingy. Missing you people. =(

No comments: