Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blue Moon

Worli Sea Face on Flickr © Swami Stream

Gah. Packing is taking forever. And I cannot find my jeans! I don't believe I've worn them in months but I have to find them since they're gonna be my staple wear soon.

I notice a diurnal sort of pattern in my emotions daily. I wake up and go, 'Crap. I can't do this.' By afternoon, especially after having woken up early for prayer meeting, I'm feeling super optimistic, pumped up and excited for the future. By late afternoon, I'm starting to feel semi-depressed. If I go out with friends that day, the high will last a little longer, maybe until night. By the time I'm about to sleep, I'm feeling so blue and emo, pondering the endlessness of time, gazing at the path I imagine my life will take. Just before I fall asleep, I think, 'Actually, what's the big deal? Life is going to be good.' And I sleep happy.

The next day, it starts all over again.

-----
It always feels so good to be missed and wanted. Why can't people appreciate each other more often?

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

true. we are missed when we are gone, but never when we are around. but it's like that i suppose? (hmmm who knows if there are those who miss us without telling us? ahaha I don't make sense)

Jared said...

your thoughts sound deep. the endlessness of time. haha.

i can't even handle the now properly.