Tuesday, July 29, 2008

After another long day of building hopping and admin stuff, I trudged home from the bus stop. (Taking the bus is WAY more comfortable than the train.)

Walking around the estate to the main gate of Thomson Grove, only one thing went through my mind: 'Why isn't there someone to stop and give me a lift?' All those NUS Matric bags were turning me into Quasimodo. And this was after I'd recycled half of them on campus.

At the guardhouse, a taxi stopped and the door opened. I saw Mom's head, and she said, 'I thought it was you walking!' 'Eh, it's you!' I cried. So I got in and rode the final 100 meters home.

Bakri, the taxi driver looked pretty amused. Seems he found out Mom needs a cab quite often so whenever he's in the area he gives her a call.

Don't you just love surprises?

No comments: