Monday, March 24, 2008

Escape Artist

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm always escaping from something.

I turned to my boyfriend to escape from mundaneness, so much that I got addicted.

I looked forward beyond reason to dates and to dance practices, to escape from my home while I was in Singapore.

When things went sour, I did a 180, and escaped to my family to distract me.

Now that I'm back here, I jump and run to my car once my lessons end, to escape to my home after university, simply because I need the comfort of familiarity.

I escape from work by surfing the net, watching television.

Yet I escape from my guilt and worries by doing work.

I escape from my thoughts by reaching out to my friends, for anything - a movie, a chat, just to be surrounded by noise and laughter.

At the same time, I run from my friends to my family, or to other friends.

In the past, I've run from performing, competing, exams, interviews, practices, social activities, anything that scared me.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm still running or holding on. And I'm not sure either which is the braver thing to do.

I know I should be running back to You, but I can't, or have never really been willing or able to find that avenue.

I think too much. Time to escape again, to Marieb tonight haha.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

well you are not alone in needing some things to be immersed into other things instead of dwelling in things that would not honour God. so yeah take heart and live purposefully! (whatever that means to you)

Jonathan said...

*needing some things to be immersed into rather than dwelling in things...