Tuesday, March 25, 2008

From Uni

I am blogging from IMU, at e-lab2, which is right at the top of the escalator maze. If you get here early enough, the escalators won't be working so you can run up the wrong side of it without doing a major work out against the escalator direction. Yes, I find that fun.

Blogging from here is way fun-ner than from home. It's thrilling cos' you've to keep looking over your shoulder to make sure nobody's peeping at you. Or that nobody's caught a glimpse of your blog address. It's especially exciting for me because my layout's bright pink. Not much obscurity there. Oh, and I forgot, my purple face.

I really like wearing eyeliner nowadays. When my eyes are half closed from getting up at 5.30am, eyeliner helps make them look larger. I can actually walk around with my eyelids half shut and people think they're normal size.

I also feel good about the choice I made, to sit on the right side of the LT. The microphone cord is on the left and way too short to provide much mobility for lecturers, so they're kinda leashed to half the LT. But I still sit in front, cos' I'm blind, and don't want to get blinder.

I think I attract smoke. I try to minimize my time in the cafeteria to avoid that oily, burnt, smokey, greasy scent. So I rush in when the queue's short, pick as little amount of food I can, pay and rush out. But, STILL, I stink after that. Maybe I should change my detergent.

Since lessons have ended even at 9+am, I don't know what to do now. A nap maybe.

I'd forgotten just how liberating it is to think only about myself. The melancholic part is getting smaller and smaller each day while me, ME! is reemerging. I didn't realize how much of my personality and happiness I'd suppressed by feeling jealous, possessive, obsessive, envious and paranoid. I really don't want to feel like that again.

No comments: