Friday, March 21, 2008

Resolution

I've decided that life is too short. Too short to spend 95% of my time thinking of what ifs and things that may not even happen. The present is all we have and the present is NOW.

So, I'm gonna be a happy person. I want to be the kind of person who radiates joy. You know, the kind that people just want to be with because they're so fun to be around, they make you feel good. And to get there, I've gotta focus on me and stop worrying about other people and why they don't like me. So I've gotta become someone I myself like (even if it's all shiok sendiri haha)

And if some people just cannot see that, if they just can't be patient or caring enough to wait to see the real me, if they just don't appreciate me for who I am? Their loss.

Also, because I figure that defences built are a double edged sword. You think those walls you build will protect you from disappointment, so you stop hoping and pretend you don't care. But really, that just backfires in the end. I don't want to have such thick walls I end up a cold, heartless, detached, isolated, anti-social bitch. I'd much rather give and give even though it hurts.

Seize the day! I shall strive to enjoy every moment I have with the people around me. =)

-----

I totally miss dates. It felt like my heart was bursting with fullness having someone to hold, just someone beside me, specially for me. Sigh.

No comments: