Thursday, March 20, 2008

Memories

Memory is a really funny thing. You can totally brainwash yourself to believe anything you want. I suppose that's why it's called selective memory.

Sometimes that rocks. Like how I go to sleep dreaming of Biology yet cannot remember the name of my schoolmate. That's fine.

It only sucks when memories you try to suppress keep coming up to bother you. It's just so interesting how the only things I seem to remember are the good stuff and how much I miss certain things. The bad - whoosh - out the window. Basic survival is supposed to programme me to forget things that harm me!

I guess I've really brainwashed myself well. Optimistic about things doomed for failure, totally out of touch with things I should focus on. I've really gone and done it, I've made myself just react the same way to the same things when actually it's all different now. Everytime I step into this place, the same old thoughts flood me. Argh argh argh.

The only consolation is that it's just up to me. Once I decide, selective memory will do its thing.

Hello, wake up!

No comments: