Sunday, March 23, 2008

Our Four Cars

Let me introduce you to the 4 cars in our home. This is really for the benefit of those who are not familiar with Proton or Perodua (Malaysian) cars because when I describe my escapades, you will not be able to picture the actual scene in action.

We have 4 - a whale, a tank, a seal and the latest addition, the little chick. The little chick's mine, and it's called a Myvi. I'm not the newest person to own one. Apparently it's the most popular car on the road, and yes, you cannot drive on M'sian roads without seeing at least 5 in a day. When I chose the colour Gold, I thought I was being special but unfortunately by the time it arrived 3 weeks later, Gold was the new Black.

Also, out of my gang of 9 friends here, 4 of us own Myvis too, but in different colours. We plan to convert the entire group soon. Then we can all paste numbers or alphabets on our cars' sides, and drive in a row when we go out. We can even park in a row and when we go home, our cars blinkers will all go on at the same time as we walk to them. Just like a movie.

So here are my cars. The tank & whale were christened by my former ballet teacher, cos' that's just how she describes people, I mean, things.

The tank (Volvo 740):

The seal (Proton Wira):

The whale (Honda Odyssey):The newest, the little chick (Myvi):


I'm now too used to driving a small car, which makes me pretty careless with my judgement. In the back of my mind, a voice says, 'Ah ya, can make it la'. I'm still closing one eye and half waiting for the *crunch* when I actually hit something. Hehe.

-----

I didn't sleep a wink on the drive back. To be fair, Dad was driving super fast at > 140km/h. At the beginning he took a sharp turn so fast in a one lane curve that he broke abruptly, flinging Aggie into my arms. Sorry Ag, but I shoved her away cos' she totally crushed me. See? I told you to wear a seatbelt! Oh, by the way, we saw this burning truck on the highway, around 2am.

I was being deluged by thoughts, fantasies and recollections. Crap, how long can I keep this up? Or maybe it's all in the mind. I mean, it's normal to feel lonely and nostalgic whenever you travel. But I feel like I can't stay away. At least I'm safe now, 400km away. Argh, I don't know if I'm doing the right thing!

No comments: