Saturday, November 27, 2010

An American Tail

An American Tail Originally uploaded by clactonradio

Feels so different to watch things then and now. I remember all the tunes but watching with understanding actually gives the show a plot. So what do kids really absorb when they're watching? I know I always felt sad during this show, because it was also my worst fear to be separated from my family, and to know that my parents would be crying and terrified to have lost me.

Some running commentary while I'm watching:
Wow, the Mousekewitz were Russian immigrants to America!
They actually thought there were no cats in America??
Fievel was such a naughty kid, not unlike another naughty kid I know.
Groan, Fievel and his family crossed paths so many times...
So cute, the mice children are voiced by kids who sing off pitch.
What the, where's part 6 on YouTube???
Bleh.
Guess I'll just watch Fievel Goes West. Come to think of it, I actually liked that sequel so much more.

No comments: