Friday, November 5, 2010

School

Every term, there are about 9 or 10 weeks. In between, there are 3 or 4 weeks of holidays.

Every term, I claw my way through the weeks, to live to see the holidays.

Every time I come back to school, I go through the first few weeks in the 'Back From Holidays' mood. I do things like school is a foreign concept, I procrastinate, and I keep wanting to go home early and not put in any effort, because I can't get out of the holiday spirit.

Nearing the end of term, towards the last few weeks, I get into the 'Holidays Are Coming' mood, and I start leaving school early again, leaving my work for next term, procrastinating patient lab work, coming in to school late, because I'm already preparing for the holiday spirit.

That leaves about 1 week in between for any actual productivity. This term, that one week has come and gone. I think it was last week, when I actually stayed back to set up denture teeth and actually rushed my FP so I could take the competency.

It's the end of week 6, and it's practically the start of hols for me. Whee.

No comments: