Thursday, November 18, 2010

Walk Briskly

Ahhhh. Body feels back on track! Forgot that Lian-ee's always on for exercise. So now, whenever I feel like a dental chair potato, I'll grumble to her and she'll immediately bring us out for a walk. That's twice in a week already. To run is so intimidating, but to walk - it implies scenic views, nice fresh air, space to clear your head. But if you walk long and fast enough, you get almost as good results. Running always feels awful, until it's over, then you feel awesome. Think I'm going to convert to a brisk walker from now.

So tonight we went to Seletar Reservoir again. There were at least 50 cars parked there but hardly 3 or 4 groups of people walking around. It's pretty gross that they're doing whatever they're doing in such close proximity to each other. Bleugh.

Oh, and I feel awful. I killed a snail. Crushed its shell. And may have sent another flying into the air with a kick.

2 weeks of school left, and the thought of hols is so refreshing! This term has been so crazy slack, it's like a taste of working life. But hols trump school any day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are running to lose weight or gain muscles? Aren't you already slim enough.....

aFLY said...

I'm running just to feel healthy! And to tone up my flabby bits from sitting down >12 hours a day, always gives me a back and neck ache.