Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Old Lizzy


I was a coward this morning.

I went downstairs to shower and heard a rustling in the plastic bag of cookies Dad bought from Australia. The bag was shifting sideways, left and right and left and right. My heart started pounding. I decided to let it be.

I fed Hayley and everything. Then I felt guilty. By that time, I just heard a thumping on the table. Ugh, it was just too gross to picture.

So I went to the toilet. I felt more guilty and cowardly. But I really couldn't find any long pole in the vicinity. Being resourceful, I got Dad's golf club. I gingerly poked the bag, but then it stopped moving.

I really couldn't do it. So I went upstairs and wrote on an A4 sheet then stuck it on the wall.
'Please get rid of the lizard in the plastic bag of cookies from Australia. Eeee!'

When I came out of the loo, Adelia was sitting beside the bag. 'Nothing also.' Then she looked at the cookies. 'Ew, it's all eaten!'

-----

Yesterday, Dr Seow mentioned the Asia Pacific Dental Students Association (APDSA) which she was very active in like 19 years ago. They hold a conference every year, last year in Taiwan, this year in Surabaya. University Malaya's Dentistry Fac is trying to get them to Malaysia next year. I'd love to attend if it was somewhere cool like Tokyo! It's scary but it sounds like something I should get involved in, do some networking and immerse myself in the field. Dr Seow says it was the best part of her university life. I think I'll attend - grab the chance to do something different!

I am well aware that broadcasting my life is a way of validating that I actually have one.

No comments: