Wednesday, April 16, 2008

While driving today, I remembered a radio community service message. I think it was a guy's voice saying 'I just closed my eyes for one second too long, and it was too late.' I've been really sleepy lately, and I also shut my eyes for just a little longer than a blink. I don't know what triggered that memory, but I am grateful. I do not want to make a stupid mistake.

Yesterday was the recruitment drive at IMU for clubs & societies (ECAs). I signed up for Music, Dance & the Adventure club. It may be just me, but nothing seems to be able to match up to the scale of enthusiasm and seriousness of CCAs in JC (or maybe Singapore?). Unless it's still just me. Then again, I'm more inclined to think that it's because I find it more convenient to go home than hang around uni. Also, my lifestyle has always revolved around my own friends since primary school. I suppose doing things with them will always seem more exciting and familiar than making the effort with new people.

A little part of me wonders how else it could've been.

I was feeling completely overwhelmed yesterday. The only thing on my mind was:
Lord, just get me through each day. That's all I ask.

But it's a new day today. =) I should probably change my perspective towards the things I do. You know, enjoy them a little more, smile at little things.

No comments: