Friday, April 4, 2008

Change

I think I've finally settled into a rhythm. It's so difficult when emotionally, you always want to be in a different place but logically, you know that the only way to progress is to stay put and work hard at the things you have now.

I've gotten comfortable in IMU. I've started bible study, enjoy my cell group, go regularly to church. If I find another path, it's all going to start from scratch again, just like the first time when I escaped back home. How do you reconcile the stability you desire with the possibility of a change in lifestyle that tempts you?

At this point, the daily reminder helps: I'm definitely not the only person going through this. Half the people I know will be going through a major change as well, when they go overseas for university or simply start their course. When life or duty calls you into something different from what you're familiar with, you don't have to change yourself. You just bring yourself, and your faith along. Everything else is transient, but God isn't.
It seems like a different lifetime now, like it was a dream. That chapter of possibilities has closed, I believe.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

glad to hear that you have pretty much settled into church and all =) and i bet sherene can be a good mentor too =)

and yeah my life is about to go through a BIG change soon when i go US on august 15th. i don't really know what to expect, maybe lower than decent grades, slogging through engineering and all, but hopefully all will be good in the end.

good point on the statement that we don't have to change with our surroundings. that got me pretty much thinking a bit.

keep on dreaming cause the possibilities never end!